Frequently Asked Questions & Answers on WSMI
- How do I get a WSMI Institute in my district?
- Where can I get a copy of the standards?
- Will there be new modules offered next year?
- I want WSMI training for my whole school/district. Is that possible?
- What other kinds of professional development does WSMI offer?
- Can I receive graduate credit for attending a WSMI Institute?
WSMI has been very fortunate to have multiple schools/districts express interest in hosting an Institute.
If you are interested in hosting a WSMI institute please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep in mind the following requirements in order to be a host site.
- Building access from 7:00 A.M.–5:00 P.M. each day and Sunday afternoon for set-up.
- Up to 10 classrooms and an additional room for the WSMI headquarters, and an area for lunch.
- Adult tables and chairs in each classroom.
- Internet access in each room.
- Projection systems/ Interactive whiteboards in each room.
- Document cameras in each room.
- Access to a copy machine for occasional use.
- Air conditioning in all rooms.
Participants in the WSMI Institutes receive complementary bound copies of the CCSS for Mathematics.
An evaluation is underway to determine the priority of need, availability of writers, editors, and reviewers. We hope to continue to develop courses based on need and the Progressions as released. Currently, there are eleven courses, they are:
Grades K–2, Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Grades K–2, Number and Operations in Base 10
Grades 3–5, Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Grades 3–5, Number and Operations – Fractions
Grades 3-6, Geometric Shape and Measurement
Grades 6–8, Ratios and Proportional Relationships
Grades 6–8, Expressions and Equations
Grades 6–8, Statistics
Grades 7-12, Geometry
Grades 9–12, Statistics and Probability for All High School Mathematics Teachers
Grades 8–12, Algebra and Functions with Modeling
Yes! The Brookhill Institute of Mathematics now offers district specific professional development. Our Mathematics Program Specialists design professional development days to meet the needs of the teachers in your district. Options include half days, full days, several days in a row or scattered throughout the year. We require 1 facilitator for every 20-30 teachers. Please contact Alyssa Holly (email@example.com) for more information.
The Brookhill Institute of Mathematics offers a wide variety of mathematics professional development opportunities. From district specific professional development and coaching to 1 and 2 day content workshops we have something for everyone involved in the teaching and learning of mathematics. Please visit our upcoming workshops to learn more. For more information about district specific professional development opportunities please contact Alyssa Holly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All 2017 WSMI Summer Institute courses will be available for graduate or undergraduate credit through our partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Visit our course credit page to learn more.
Additional questions may be submitted to email@example.com