District Action Plan Worksheet
How to develop your Action Plan
Either individually or with your district team you will work to develop an action plan for next steps in implementing the CCSSM beyond your classroom. This plan can be focused on implementation in your grade level with your grade level team or more broadly in your district with your colleagues.
Suggested Process for Teams:
Step 1: Every team member should share one or two key ideas they have learned this week with their colleagues. Identify a common theme. (Possible themes: rigor of the content standards, progression of the content standards through the grades, visual representations, Standards for Mathematical Practice, Standards’ vocabulary such as subitizing, unit fractions, rate, modeling)
Step 2: As a team, agree upon a common theme. Develop an action plan and set goal(s) based on the common theme. Discuss one or more of the following questions.
- How will the goal(s) increase the understanding or knowledge of district colleagues?
- How will the goal(s) impact the teaching and learning of students?
- How will the goal(s) support the implementation of the Standards?
Step 3: Develop the action steps to accomplish the Plan.
- Determine the steps that need to happen in order to achieve the goal(s).
- Consider the background knowledge and experiences of colleagues.
- Use collaborative structures that are already in place to facilitate the implementation such as weekly/monthly grade level meetings, content area meetings, or PLCs.
Step 4: State the person(s) responsible, who is involved, and the timeline.
Step 5: List necessary resources. Resources might include team members, copy of the Standards and/or Progression Documents, meeting time, financial resources, classroom materials, etc.
Step 6: Identify potential obstacles to achieving the action plan. Once known/expected, teams can begin to strategize how to deal with the obstacles.
Step 7: Consider including your district administrators in the planning and implementation.
Download the District Action Plan